How can I participate in pro-bono programs? I am a LAWYER
The pro bono program is aimed at all ICAM members who wish to carry out this type of work in the Community of Madrid. The CRSAM offers pro bono job opportunities for all its members, whether they are practicing, non-practicing, law firms or company lawyers.
To participate, simply follow the steps described below:
- To REGISTER on the CRSAM website, at the bottom of this page you will find an access (*) to an online form in which we ask for information about your profile (years of experience, specialty …), time you can dedicate, information the type of pro bono job you are looking for, etc.
- Through an alert system in your email and the private area of the web, you will be informed of those volunteer opportunities that adapt to your profile.
- There may be more than one attorney interested in a request for pro bono help. In this case, it will be the social entity that chooses which lawyer to work with.
- Once an attorney decides to accept a pro bono job opportunity, they must sign an agreement with the entity.
- In order to maintain quality standards in the pro bono work program, the CRSAM will periodically carry out surveys and hold interviews, both with lawyers and with social entities, in order to evaluate the operation of the service and improve it day to day.
- From a tax point of view, and with regard to the area of indirect taxation, the provision of legal assistance free of charge should not have an impact on the VAT taxation of the service provider, since such services can be consider linked to the main activity of practicing the lawyer or the professional society to which he is linked (Consultation of DGT V2396-09, of November 26, 2009).
In the area of direct taxation, the expenses incurred in providing the aforementioned free assistance may be considered deductible, either in the Corporate Tax or in the Personal Income Tax, given that they are made for purposes of general interest, as provided in article 26 of Law 49/2002, of December 23, on the tax regime of non-profit entities and tax incentives for patronage.
(*) To access, it is necessary to identify yourself using your username and personal password from the Area Reserved for Members of the ICAM website, or enter your electronic signature certificate from the FNMT-RCM or the Electronic DNI into the reader.
How to obtain the username and password to access the Reserved Area?
- By phone (91 788 93 80, option 0): a letter with your access data will be sent by post to your correspondence address.
- Going to the Secretary of ICAM (C / Serrano, 11 – Madrid): you will receive in hand the letter with your access data